R&D Manager – France
PathMaker Neurosystems is a clinical-stage neuromodulation company developing non-invasive systems based on our proprietary Coordinated Multi-site Neurostimulation™ technology. With offices in Boston (US) and Paris (France), PathMaker is moving forward a trans-Atlantic strategy to rapidly bring to market entirely novel, breakthrough approaches to non-invasively treating neuromotor disorders. More than 48 million patients in the US, Europe and China suffer disabilities due to stroke, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, Parkinson’s disease and other neurological disorders. At PathMaker, we are opening up a new era of non-invasive neurotherapy for patients suffering from chronic neuromotor conditions.
We are currently seeking a resourceful and hands-on R&D Manager who will be based at our Paris office located at the world renowned Brain and Spine Institute (Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epinière – ICM) at the Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital. As a core member of the multi-disciplinary PathMaker team, this individual will have the opportunity to play a foundational role in building our company’s capabilities. The successful candidate will contribute scientific expertise and medical knowledge towards the development of our pipeline of neuromodulation products.
Ph.D. in Neuroscience with 1-2 years of post-doctoral work or recent MBA, with a research background that includes non-invasive neuromodulation (TMS, tsDCS, tDCS).
This position will be involved in numerous activities, including writing scientific papers, preparing white papers, writing and preparing grant proposals, putting together posters, managing certain aspects of clinical trials, and generally getting familiar with everything going on in the field and becoming an expert. Specific skills include:
- Excellent communications skills in English and French.
- Excellent writing ability in English and French with experience writing scientific papers, analytical reports and white papers for publication.
- Proficiency in preparing and delivering very well-written technical documents.
- Project planning experience and ability to meet timelines and milestones.
- Prior experience with grant writing to EU and France funding sources is a requirement.
- Track record of publications in neuroscience field with ability to serve as PI on government grants.
- Ability to draft and deliver presentations to scientific, medical and investor groups.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed in a fast-moving early stage environment, with track record of executing and delivering on mission-critical timelines
- French citizen with ability to work in France without Sponsorship
The successful candidate is a highly-motivated team player with a commitment to highest quality and attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
Please email your Resume/CV to email@example.com and refer to Job Code RES1 in the subject line when corresponding about this position. PathMaker will follow-up with select candidates with whom it wishes to have further discussions. NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE.
PathMaker Neurosystems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that will offer a competitive salary and benefits package including premium health/dental plans, 401(k) retirement plan, and incentive stock options in an open, growing and supportive work environment.